If you are responsible for preparing or serving food to the public or service users you have a legal duty to make sure that the food is safe to eat. If you get something wrong in the way you cook, store, prepare or serve food you could cause serious illness or even death.
Breaches of food law could result in unlimited fines and / or a prison sentence of up to two years. Apart from legal duties we also have a moral responsibility not to cause illness. It is worth considering the financial costs of getting things wrong in terms of damaged reputation and loss of business.
Your principal defence in law should something go wrong is one of ‘Due Diligence’. Can you prove you have done everything reasonable to ensure you do not cause illness? One of the essential elements of ‘Due Diligence’ is training. You must show that you and your staff have had adequate training.
For advice on what would be considered an adequate level of training for your business or organisation contact us or your local authority.
Food Safety Courses
Please contact me for more information on the following food safety courses and a quote for in-house training.
- Level 1 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Retail
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Manufacturing
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Retail
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Manufacturing
- Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering
- Level 2 Award in HACCP in Catering
- Level 3 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing
- Level 3 Award in HACCP in Catering
Find out what my happy customers are saying out my training courses.
The tutor was fantastic! He took so much time to make sure we took in what he was teaching. I was very impressed with the course
Candidate Level 2 Health and Safety course
More enjoyable that I thought it would be but only because of the instructor
Candidate on a Level 1 Food Safety course
Really good teaching style, informal and interesting combined with excellent skills at ensuring information was retained by the candidates
Candidate evaluation Emergency First Aid at Work course