Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions and the right systems and methods for safe activities. Under the law, employees also have duties. They need the right knowledge and attitude which requires training in the basics of health and safety and infection control.
- Provides employees with an understanding of the principles of health and safety and the legal duties of employees and employers
- Provides employees with an understanding of the spread of infection and how it should be avoided
- Accidents and Accident Prevention
- Workplace Health and Safety and Welfare
- Risk assessment
- Specialised Risk assessment
- Manual Handling
- Fire and electrical safety
- Current challenges to infection control
- The chain of infection
- Effective handwashing
- Personal Protective equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Clinical waste
- Handling of infected linen and sharps
For copies of full course syllabus go to www.cieh.org
Duration and Assessment
1 day programme
30 question multiple choice examination leading to Level 2 certification
£40 per candidate plus VAT. The minimum charge is for 10 candidates and includes the cost of workbooks and certificates. Where there are more than 10 candidates an overall charge can be negotiated.
For further information contact David Taylor Training
on 01273 689032 or email email@example.com
Please request a quotation for the following related courses: Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 Health and Safety in the Workplace.