This course is recommended for anyone involved in the preparation and provision of food for the elderly.
The course will provide an understanding of the issues associated with the nutritional status of the elderly, and how to meet their nutritional requirements.
Content and Objectives
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Define nutrition and discuss the importance of a nutritionally balance diet and its impact on health
- Identify the major food groups and the essential nutrients and state their effect in maintaining good health
- Evaluate the problems affecting the nutritional status of the elderly and describe the nutrient recommendations for this group (as set out in government guidelines)
- State how to ensure nutritional requirements are met, and what constitutes a balanced diet for this group of people.
- Discuss the catering requirements for the elderly, label reading and procurement guidelines.
- Plan suitable menus.
Duration and Assessment
1/2 day workshop lasting approximately 3 hours leading to an attendance certificate.
£250 plus VAT for in-house training. There is no maximum number of candidates although this will be limited by the space available, which should allow for interactive group work.
For further information
contact David Taylor Training on 01273 689032 or
Please request a quotation for the following related courses: Level 1, Level 3 and 4 Food Safety in Catering. Level 2 Award in Healthier Food and Special Diets